We’re delighted to present our summer cohort of our Step Up Program! From June 8 to July 27, this group of 21 awesome and inspiring individuals will be taking part in weekly sessions to design a career they truly desire!
Step Up brings together post-secondary students and recent graduates from diverse fields and schools to develop a deeper understanding of themselves, their network and opportunities available! The program is designed to help individuals focus on their personal and professional growth to gain a clear sense of identity and create a tangible career action plan. Participants will connect with our instructors and mentors, get access to the necessary resources and skills, and be offered a space to support each other’s career and life goals.
The 2017 Summer Cohort brings individuals from Marketing, Education, Accounting, Hospitality, Event Planning, Human Resources, Design and more!
- Ali Najaf, Student, Simon Fraser University
- Amos Kuo, Graduate, British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Ashrut Roy, Graduate, Imperial Hotel Management College
- Azita Kermani, Graduate, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Bowie Fong, Graduate, Simon Fraser University
- Desiree Henke, Graduate, Okanagan College
- Elena Golikova, Graduate, Imperial Hotel Management College
- Emily Chen, Graduate, University of British Columbia
- Faye Nera, Student, University of British Columbia
- Gbemi Adegboye, Student, New York Institute of Technology
- Gurbir Sekhon, Student, Simon Fraser University
- Harjan Padda, Student, Simon Fraser University
- Jennifer Lui, Graduate, Simon Fraser University
- Jisu Lee, Graduate, Emily Carr University and RED Academy
- Joseph Watson-MacKay, Student, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Lina Abouzaid, Graduate, University of British Columbia
- Lisa Peng, Student, University of British Columbia
- Saurabh Dhall, Student, New York Institute of Technology
- Scotia Barry, Student, Langara College
- Serene Chen, Student, Western University
- Shi Bo Liu, Student, Western University
This program would not be possible without the dedication of our instructors. The sessions will be taught by the following individuals along with additional coaches and mentors throughout the program.
- Sam Thiara, Co-Founder, GradusOne
- Manny Padda, Co-Founder, GradusOne and Founder, New Avenue Capital
- Natasha Jung, Producer, Speaker, Host, Facilitator
- Hussein Hallak, General Manager, Launch Academy
- Likky Lavji, Success Navigator, Dante Group and President, Matrix Connectivity Solutions
- Greg Ryder, Senior Project Manager, Engine Digital
We’re also lucky to have the following organizations support GradusOne on an ongoing basis: New Avenue Capital, HiVE Vancouver, CPABC, BrainStation, Lighthouse Labs, Futurpreneur, and Insight Global Education.
Stay tuned for more updates as we start the program! Our very own Social Media Coordinator, Serene Chen will be sharing her experiences across our channels!
Missed the application for the summer program? We’ll be opening applications for our Fall Step Up Program in July! The Fall program will be in October and November on Tuesday nights.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!